Some friends of mine recently came back from volunteer work abroad via ICS and wanted me to spread the word of the great work that’s being done and of course I’d love to. I had heard of ICS but for those who haven’t, ICS is a UK government-funded development programme. It’s open to 18 to 25-year-olds from all backgrounds to volunteer for work abroad and fight poverty in some of the poorest communities.
Volunteer Abroad Videos
These videos will give you an overview of who ICS are, what they do and how volunteers who work abroad can make a real difference in some of the World’s poorest communities.
Where can you volunteer?
You can volunteer in these 30 countries:
- Burkina Faso
- El Salvador
- Occupied Palestinian Territories
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
What do you need?
You don’t need cash or qualifications, just the motivation to make a difference. ICS are open to:
- long-term UK residents only
- Aged 18-25 years old when heading overseas
- Applicants must be able to commit to 10-12 weeks overseas
- Team Leader roles are currently in high demand.
- If you’re under 25 and haven’t done an ICS placement before then apply here to be an ICS volunteer.
- Non-UK residents can’t apply online but can still take part.