Getting to La Rosiere
Our WEEK in LA ROSIERE
There can be no mistake that family ski holidays are not relaxing. It’s exhausting not only getting yourself ready, lugging ski’s, helmets, etc but also sorting two young boys out, putting their ski gloves, ski boots on etc. By the time you’ve reached the slopes, you’ve probably burned a few hundred calories.
Skiing conditions were great each day and the boys joined us midway through the week after their ski lessons which was fun skiing as a family for the first time. Along with skiing, we did quite a lot of sledging around our accommodation in the woods nearby which the boys loved.
CHILDREN’S SKI LESSONS
Our boys has ski lessons with Evolution 2 ski school who were fantastic – we opted for 3 half days private lessons as they’d already had ski lessons the previous season so by the middle of the week they were ready to ski with us.
What we loved…
- It’s quieter than most ski resorts we’ve been to in Europe so no lengthy queueing for lifts.
- Very safe for kids
- Loads of sledging fun!
- Fun ski runs through the woods for kids (and big kids)
- Great ski schools
- 1850 m so great snow and scenery
- Plan du Repos – A brilliant mountain cafe with great food and drink, awesome chilled music and stunning scenery. It’s a family business serving good local food and dishes from around the world. I could have happily stayed there all day.
- South facing slopes so when the suns out (we had 7 days of sunshine), it is glorious! We skied in April – suncream required!
- Great varied terrain for skiers and snowboarders
A few tips…
- We recommend if you’re hiring a car and driving yourself – try to time it so you are arriving in the day time as the road up to the village at night is windy and steep.
- Traffic back to Geneva airport on change over day (Saturday) in peak ski season is usually very busy so give yourself plenty of time to get to the airport in time (add on at least 1 hour to your journey).
La Rosiere Info
Base elevation: 1,850 m (6,070 ft)
Total length: 160 km (99 mi)
Lift system: 38